I’ve been looking for quick recipes online that are healthy and can be heated up really quickly.
I’ve never really made many soups in the past and I’m a fan of more classic flavours, I came across a few tomato soups online and have decided to make my own.
Creates 4 Generous Servings
6 large vine tomatoes
2 medium-sized white onions
3 garlic cloves
Large handful of basil
1 can of tinned tomatoes
300ml pint of hot vegetable stock
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Cut the vine tomatoes in half and put in a tray, sprinkle over the rapeseed oil, some chilli flakes and generous amount of salt and pepper
- Put in the oven and roast for 20 minutes
- Once everything is in the oven, chop up the onions and garlic and add to the pan
- Fry the onions and garlic using more rapeseed oil
- When the onions have started to become soft – add the can of tinned tomatoes and bring to the boil
- Add the vegetable stock (I like to make my own from the peelings of different veggie peelings – potatoes, carrots and parsnips)
- Continue to stir and rip up and add the basil (tear up or pop in whole like me to save time!)
- Check on the tomatoes in the oven and once they are nice and soft add to the pan and stir
- Use the hand blender to blend up all the bits (or pop into a food processor) and blend until all the large pieces are gone
- Portion up, get a nice piece of chunky bread, serve and enjoy!